Friday, June 22, 2012

Retreat 2012 Day 4


Another night without me seeing a Blanding turtle lay - this time on Heber 1. It was eerie until the mosquitos came out and the fish started jumping for them.

I had an interesting conversation about camps while I was at the Park library posting my blog. I was wearing my Camp Ta-wa-si shirt. (Ta-wa-si is the camp for Chignecto Presbytery and beyond). She was involved with a camp in Nova Scotia for which Linda did training in the early 90s.

Our conversation was about the role of Christian camp in providing a place for youth. It included discussion of how youth often feel unwelcome when they leave the excitement of camp and attend church services.

The encounter left me wondering if youth are issuing us a Macedonian call or have they simply written church off as irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment